3.18.2012

Felix at Greenbelt 5




This piece of chocolate is my only digital memory when I dined twice at Felix in Greenbelt 5. It was post-valentine and they were giving out a chocolate bar to their guests, oh my, I love chocolates so I couldn't refuse!

Felix has a simple interior. I particularly liked the cushioned seats. The food was great, too. And the service? Impeccable.

I ordered Mambulao Soup and Lamb Chops during my first visit at Felix. And because I liked Mambulao Soup so much, I ordered it again on my second visit, along with Floring's Crispy Pork Belly.

The Mambulao Soup is green, so green that it looks weird. But it's not weird. The green pigment is from the soup's main ingredient: malunggay leaves. But you won't see any floating malunggay leaves on this soup because I think it was blended and shredded with a food processor into very tiny little pieces. I really like how healthy the soup is, it even indicated in their menu that this soup fits into the South Beach Diet. How's that for figure-conscious food-loving persons? Mambulao has the perfect blend of malunggay and tofu along with other ingredients to create a delicious, satisfying, and healthy soup.

Lamb Chops, well done, perfect! The meat was tender and juicy, cooked just the way I like it. It was lightly seasoned, too. The side dish was also a stomach-filler, specially the sliced potatoes which happen to be my favorite!

Floring's Crispy Pork Belly was served with rice and was very Filipino. The pork belly was cut in generous six slices and these slices were bigger than bite-sized. Halfway through my dish, I was already full. The side dish was laing and it was very delicious, too.

For the delicious food, reasonable price, and great service, I would definitely recommend that you dine at Felix located at Greenbelt 5. I guarantee that you will leave the restaurant with a full stomach and a smiling face.

If you have reviews about Felix Restaurant, please post the link in the comments section. Thank you!

27 comments:

  1. I love the swirly "lettering" on the chocolate bar. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried Felix yet. Soon, I will. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh.  I really miss dining in the Philippines.  Will check this one out when I get to visit the Philippines again.  Hopefully next year. I so want to try the Lamb Chops.  I wonder how much it costs per serving. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really miss the Philippines food and resto .there are lots to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm.. Haven't tried there. How's the price?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover made me curious what's in it. And tadah it's chocolate! Looks delicious in the photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always frequent Greenhils specially during Xmas season ...Felix resto will surely be considered in our next eat out.

    BTW, how was the price?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will try this when i'm in Greenbelt next.there are so any great resto there so i haven't checked out Felix yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. will check Felix when i happen to go to Greenbelt and try the crispy pork belly, description plng solb na...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not really familiar with restos in Manila since I just stayed there for a couple of months. But I learned a lot when I started to read food blogs from FBW. Hope I could at least try to resto hop in Manila one day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i haven't dined here just because it's too far from our place. and the traffic is always bad.  wish you had pics though...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Noks Sosa I Siningfactory.comJuly 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM

    I just like all the descriptions of the foods, But 
    I just hope you put photos too. I want to try the mambulao Soup, it sounds interesting. Hehehe. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I planned of dining at Felix too with my bff :) I saw the place and the interiors are cool and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. heard this from a friend, but haven't tried dining there yet..

    ReplyDelete
  15. travelona ShoestringJuly 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM

    Why is there no photos of the food you describe above? http://travel-on-a-shoe-string.blogspot.com/2012/03/bullying-is-uncool.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. the lamb chops cost around 900+ =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. because I was dining here with my client. dyahe magpicture2! hehehe! would post photos when i have the chance to go back to this resto. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen Felix at Greenbelt a couple of times na. Hopefully I get to eat here some time soon.. :) I'm sold with just the way you describe the food.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was too shy to take photos in front of my clients. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm very far away from Manila, too. I'm just glad that I was given an opportunity to dine at a place which is not in Davao, courtesy of my client, during our brief 8-hour stay in Manila. =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Masarap ang pork belly. Glad you appreciated my description of the food. I hate myself for not being brave enough to take photos (kahit sa cellphone man lang).

    ReplyDelete
  22. True, ang daming restos sa Greenbelt. I have tried a few pa lang.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The price is actually a little high compared to Davao prices. I guess their prices are the average when it comes to Greenbelt restos. The soup was P100+, crispy pork was around P300, lamb chops around P900. =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is delicious! Sayang nga isa lang binigay nila. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I did not post the prices because I was not the one who paid the bill. Hahaha! But the price is decent enough for the quality of service and taste of the food. =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've seen this but never tried it.  Anong price range?

    ReplyDelete

Do you like this post? Share your thoughts!

(--,)