7.11.2013

Cafe Andessa


Tired of the old noisy bars in the city? Then drive up North toward Cabantian and discover a quiet place to dine at Cafe Andessa. The restaurant is small and could accommodate a few small groups but don't underestimate this restaurant because they have wide choices in their menu ready to satiate even the most picky eater.


Pork Spare Ribs - P175.00
This Pork Spare Ribs has this special sweet sauce that left me licking my fingers. The serving is generous. These pieces of pork spare ribs has left my date ordering his second cup of rice. The meat is well cooked, tender, and delicious.


Garlic Pork Chops - P170.00
I love garlic and I love pork, and this Garlic Pork Chop is a good combination! The taste? Delicious, though I was kind of looking for the garlicky taste to be prominent. There isn't much but a faint trace of garlic so this dish is still safe for those who are not a fan of the pungent bulb.


Laing - P95.00
This Filipino favorite, Laing, is made mainly from gabi leaves and coconut milk which we locally call as gata.  Some versions of laing may have bulad (tuyo in Tagalog) and other versions have pieces of pork. Other traditional versions stick only to the gabi leaves and coconut milk tandem. I forgot to ask whether they used the traditional gata (the one where you squeeze out milk from shredded coconut meat), or use the canned coconut cream/milk. Either way, the Laing is delicious and had the right amount of spiciness, it was a perfect pair to our pork dishes.

You can visit Cafe Andessa at Cabantian Road. Call them at 3029314.


16 comments:

  1. Arrgghh after seeing one blog's yummy foods, here I am drooling at yours lol. LOve to taste all these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laing is one of my favorites since my Mom is a Bicolana. I like it when it's spicy. That was a nice experience to be in that resto away from the noise of the city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fan of laing here. Not many restaurants offer it so I try to get a taste from restaurants that do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi ate suzette! I miss dining at Cafe Andessa.. their food is really good.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss Filipino foods. Gigutom nuon ko ka kita sa imo pictures, as in galaway dyud. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, so yummy looking dishes, makes me want to have some now. i love laing so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh! No fair :-) you make me drool Sis :-) Now I am hungry too :-)

    http://www.homecookingwithjessy.com/freshen-up-your-refrigerator-with-oransi-ionic-air-purifier/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the pork spare ribs! Where exactly is Cabantian Road located?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely, my kind of food! I can not wait to visit the Philippines and eat food like this! Not to mention, at a cheaper cost that its American-resto contemporary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. With those yummy foods on my table, Gosh, solve ang tummy ko.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I feel hungry now! The price is really affordable. Here in Dubai, you order a steak and you pay double the amount in Cafe Andessa. Pardon the ignorance but where is that place?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! makes me hungry now.laing is one of the dishes I want to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bummer, and I am reading this food post at this hour. Ginutom mo ako attorney, hehe. I think I'll be recommending this resto to my friend who is living in Cabantian.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's what I miss....good food for less...yummy! I want laing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I miss the laing. I wish I can make out but given the reality that decent raw ingredients are not available here, I'll just stare at your photo of it.

    ReplyDelete

Do you like this post? Share your thoughts!

(--,)