11.15.2013

Travel Kit + Online Shopping + Big Discounts!

During my latest travel to Ilocos, I ensured that I would only be bringing the basic things that I needed: clothes, skin care, and money. I normally pack clothes way more that what is necessary but this time, since I shared a bag with my companion, I did not have the liberty to put everything inside the bag. Here's what I packed for our trip:

1. Clothes. Since we're supposedly on a travel budget, I figured that we wouldn't be going to expensive places or expensive restaurants so I really do not need to bring flamboyant dresses. I did not even bring a single dress. I figured that it would be practical to wear leggings during travel because they are perfect for any kind of weather. I also brought one pair of maong pants and I packed a lot of t-shirts. I wore my outdoor sandals since day 1 so I did not bring any extra footwear with me. I also made sure that I had at least 2 shawls with me, they're multi-purpose. I brought a pair of swim suit because I know that we will be going to the beach. I did not bring a jacket and it was a mistake not to bring one, I ended up using my companion's jacket throughout our travel.

Essence Superwash Hair & Body Milk Shampoo
I used to transfer liquids to small containers for my travel kit
2. Skin Care. I used to have one mega box for my skin care, but now, I limit my skin care and toiletries to a minimum. I know that the hotels that we'll be staying would already provide the shampoo and conditioner so I just need to make sure that I bring my trusted skin care brand, VMV Hypoallergenics. I don't want any flare ups while travelling so I must use the same brand of products that I use every day. I like that VMV Hypoallergenics has these tiny bottles of goodness that they usually sell during Christmas season. These are sampler kits which are perfect for travelling. They're sold in limited quantities and I don't usually see them on the shelves all year round. I saw a perfect combination of VMV sampler products at Zalora Philippines, the VMVery Favorite Things which is comprised of 7 VMV products including my favorite sunblock in the whole wide world, Armada! For P1,000.00, you'll get the Grandma Minnie Lotion, Id Monolaurin Gel, Essence Superwash, Creamy-Rich Moisturizer, Re-Everything Face and Body Lotion, Know-It-Oil VCO, and the Armada. 

3. Money. Since our destination is a place where automatic teller machines are not available, it was best for us to bring cash. I don't really recommend bringing a lot of cash with you when you travel but you must know the location of banks and atms at your destination. And, it's also good to draft a budget before your travel so that you can estimate the amount of money that you will need.

I can almost smell the holiday air, and if you haven't had your Christmas shopping yet, now is the best time to do it! And where's the best way to shop during the holidays? The bazaar! But who has the time to scour the streets and convention centers? Good thing there's online shopping!



For 1 whole month, our favorite online stores have teamed up with Zalora to give us the biggest discounts in an Online Revolution. This online revolution will be from November 11 to December 11, 2013, and buyers can get additional 10% OFF storewide. Simply shop at Zalora and use the code "ONLINE" to avail of the discount. VISA Cardholders can even get bigger discounts of 15% OFF if they use the code "VISAONLINE" upon checkout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like this post? Share your thoughts!

(--,)