11.02.2013

Vikings Buffet Invades Davao City

Vikings, the largest buffet chain in the Philippines, has opened its doors to Davao last September 28, 2013. Being invited to dine at this premier buffet restaurant was such a privilege. However, I was unlucky to be sick on the day of our reservation so I'll have to be honest that my taste buds' functions were actually lessened by my colds. Good thing that I brought with me dependable family members who could very well make a review of Vikings' food.

Let me introduce you first to my main food critique, Nikko. He's currently stuyding Culinary here in Davao City and I think that he's the best person, among our group of 5, to describe his experience with Vikings. I also brought with me my older sister Christine, youngest sister, Mary Grace, and my brother, Dan.

Here's what Nikko had to say...
When we entered, the atmosphere felt like a blend of class and fun which made it easier to feel welcomed. Then I noticed the vast variety of skillfully prepared dishes which made my stomach grumble, and I wasn't even that hungry. The infamous lechon was as it should be, tender, juicy and fresh with a hint of lemongrass, the skin was crispy and seasoned perfectly. The savory flavor lingers in your mouth just enough to make you smile after every bite. The pork cold cuts were fresh and tasty, although I prefer mine with a little mustard on the side, eating it as is was a welcome treat. The sushi bar looked amazing, their tuna sushi tasted like the ocean. The seasoning on the rice was just enough to complement its fresh taste. The roasted lamb was pure bliss. It was seasoned and cooked to a perfect medium rare. (You can even ask the cook to heat it up to your desired doneness). You could taste the full flavor of the lamb caressed by the creamy fill of its butter finish. It goes awesome with their, also well seasoned, mashed potato and a carrot and corn salad on the side. The dessert section was magical. It was filled with mouth watering treats that is sure to bring out the sweet-tooth in everyone.  It was truly a feast from the sea and more. There should only be one way to leave a buffet "slow, stuffed, and satisfied"; and that's exactly how I felt.Their motto is " Come to Vikings and eat like a viking" and you better well should.
Vikings was a truly remarkable experience. Personally, although I wasn't too fit to make a food critique that time considering my condition, I could say that I really really enjoyed the lamb stew served hot and tender and oozing with flavors, I could very well taste the cheese and herbs infused on the meat. That was my favorite dish at Vikings that night. And I also enjoyed the dessert section, specially the Chocolate Parody.

So, let's take a look at what Vikings has on their buffet table...

Pizza + Chicken

Mashed Potato + Singaporean Steak + Lamb Stew

Cold Cuts

A closer look at the Lamb Stew, my favorite!

Fresh from the Sushi Bar

Steak

Happy with her Ice Cream

Desserts....

More desserts....

Crepe with ice cream on the side

Filipino kakanin: cassava, maja blanca, and sapin-sapin

If you're on the mood to satisfy your palate, then head on to Vikings SM Lanang Premier. Check out their rates below:



Visit vikings.ph or http://www.facebook.com/VikingsLanang for more information. You may also call them at (082) 285-3888 or (082) 285-4888. They're open daily for lunch from 11:00AM to 2:30PM and for dinner from 5:30PM to 10:00PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like this post? Share your thoughts!

(--,)